Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adverb: around u'rawnd
- In the area or vicinity
"hanging around"; "waited around for the next flight";
- By a circular or circuitous route
"He came all the way around the base"; "the road goes around the pond"
- Used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction
"news gets around"; "travelled around in Asia"; "he needs advice from someone who's been around"; "she sleeps around";
- In a circle or circular motion
"The wheels are spinning around"
- (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
"weighs around a hundred pounds";
- approximately, about, close to, just about, some, roughly, more or less, or so, loosely
- In or to a reversed position or direction
"suddenly she turned around";
- To a particular destination either specified or understood
"she came around to see me"; "I invited them around for supper"
- All around or on all sides
"dirty clothes lying around"; "There were trees growing all around"; "she looked around her";
- In circumference
"the trunk is ten feet around"; "the pond is two miles around"
- From beginning to end; throughout
"frigid weather the year around";
- Approximately (especially of a date)
"the church was built around 1840";
- On all sides; so as to encircle
- In the whole extent of; everywhere
"climate change will be a problem around the world";
- throughout, over, all over, all around, across, round
Anagrams created from the word around