Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: ascend u'send
- Travel up
"We ascended the mountain"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope";
- go up
- Go back in order of genealogical succession
"Inheritance may not ascend linearly"
- Become king or queen
"She ascended to the throne after the King's death"
- Appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils
"the vine ascended the side of the house";
- climb up
- Go along towards (a river's) source
"The boat ascended the Delaware"
- Slope upwards
"The path ascended to the top of the hill"
- (astronomy) come up, of celestial bodies
- rise, come up, uprise
- Move to a better position in life or to a better job
"She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great wealth";
- move up, rise
Anagrams created from the word ascend