Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: asking ãsk-ing
- The verbal act of requesting
- Request information about
"I asked about their special today"; "He had to ask directions several times";
- inquire, enquire [Brit, Cdn]
- Make a request or demand for something to somebody
"She asked him for a loan"
- Direct or put; seek an answer to
"ask a question"
- Consider obligatory; request and expect
"Aren't we asking too much of these children?";
- require, expect
- Address a question to and expect an answer from
"Ask your teacher about trigonometry"; "The children asked me about their dead grandmother"
- Must happen, have or exist previously or during (in order for stated thing to be happen or be the case)
"This job asks a lot of patience and skill";
- necessitate, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- Require or ask for as a price or condition
"He is asking $200 for the table"; "The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
Anagrams created from the word asking