Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: backed bakt
- Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type
- (photography) used of film that is coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light
- Pick one person to give support and approval to in a particular role
"I backed Kennedy in 1960";
- endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support
- Travel backward
"back into the driveway"; "The car backed up and hit the tree"
- Give support or one's approval to
"I can't back this plan";
- second, endorse, indorse
- Cause to travel backward
"back the car into the parking spot"
- Support financial backing for
"back this enterprise"
- Be in back of
"My garage backs their yard"
- Place a bet on
"Which horse are you backing?";
- bet on, gage [archaic], stake, game, punt
- Shift to a counterclockwise direction
"the wind backed"
- Establish as valid or genuine
"Can you back up your claims?";
- back up
- Strengthen by providing with a back or backing
Anagrams created from the word backed