Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: belong bi'long or bee'long [N. Amer], bi'lóng [Brit]
- Be owned by; be in the possession of
"This book belongs to me"
- Be suitable or acceptable
"This student somehow doesn't belong"
- Be in the right place or situation
"Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books belong?";
- Be rightly classified in a class or category
"The whales belong among the mammals"
- Be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place)
"They belong to the same political party"
- Be a part or adjunct
"the uniform looks like it belonged to a museum collection"; "These pages don't belong";
- belong to
Anagrams created from the word belong