Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: bitter (bitterer,bitterest) bi-tu(r)
- Marked by strong resentment or cynicism
"bitter about the divorce";
- Very difficult to accept or bear
"the bitter truth"; "a bitter sorrow"
- Harsh or corrosive in tone
- acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, blistering, caustic, sulfurous [N. Amer], sulphurous [Brit, Cdn], virulent, vitriolic, acidulous, sulphureous [Brit]
- Expressive of severe grief or regret
"shed bitter tears"
- Proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity
"a bitter struggle"; "bitter enemies"
- Causing a sharp and acrid taste experience
"quinine is bitter"
- Causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold
- [Brit] A dry sharp-tasting beer with a strong flavour of hops
- The taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth
- The property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
- Make bitter
- Extremely and sharply
- piercingly, bitterly, bitingly
Anagrams created from the word bitter