Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: bottom bó-tum
- The lower side of anything
- underside, undersurface, underneath
- The lowest part of anything
"they started at the bottom of the hill"
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
"he deserves a good kick in the bottom";
- buttocks, nates, butt, backside, bum, buns [N. Amer], can [N. Amer, informal], fundament, hindquarters, hind end, posterior, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush [N. Amer], behind, derriere, heinie [US], derrière
- The second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
- bottom of the inning
- A depression forming the ground under a body of water
"he searched for treasure on the ocean bottom";
- Low-lying alluvial land near a river
- A cargo ship
"they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms";
- freighter, merchantman, merchant ship
- (cabinetwork) provide with a bottom or a seat
"bottom the chairs"
- Strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom
- Come to understand
- penetrate, fathom
- Fall to or reach the lowest point or value
"the market bottomed at a record low"
- Situated at the bottom or lowest position
"the bottom drawer"
- The lowest rank
"bottom member of the class"
Anagrams created from the word bottom