Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: breath breth
- The process of taking in and expelling air during breathing
"he took a deep breath and dived into the pool"; "he was fighting to his last breath"
- The air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration
"his sour breath offended her"
- A short respite
- breather, breathing place, breathing space, breathing spell, breathing time
- An indirect suggestion
"not a breath of scandal ever touched her";
- hint, intimation
- A slight movement of the air
"there wasn't a breath of air in the room"
- A musical instrument in which the sound is produced by an enclosed column of air that is moved by the breath
- wind instrument, wind
- Air in the lungs, esp. as required to breath and function normally
"the collision knocked the breath out of him";
Anagrams created from the word breath