Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: bright (brighter,brightest) brIt
- Emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts
"the sun was bright and hot"; "a bright sunlit room"
- Having striking colour
- brilliant, vivid
- Characterized by quickness and ease in learning
"some children are brighter in one subject than another";
- Having lots of light either natural or artificial
"the room was bright and airy"; "a stage bright with spotlights"
- Made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow
"bright silver candlesticks";
- burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny
"the bright stars of stage and screen"; "a bright moment in history"; "the bright pageantry of court"
- Not made dim or less bright
- Clear and sharp and ringing
"the bright sound of the trumpet section";
- Characterized by happiness or gladness
"bright faces"; "all the world seems bright and gay"
- Full of promise
"had a bright future in publishing";
- hopeful, promising
- With brightness
"the windows glowed jewel bright";
- brilliantly, brightly
Anagrams created from the word bright