Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: bruise brooz
- Injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of
"I bruised my knee";
- Cause (somebody) emotional pain or offence
"This remark really bruised my ego";
- hurt, wound, injure, offend, spite
- (cooking) break up into small pieces for food preparation
"bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
- Damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure
"The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"
- An injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discolouration
Anagrams created from the word bruise