Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: chosen chow-zun
- One who is the object of choice; who is given preference
"she was Mama's chosen"
- An exclusive group of people
"one of the chosen who have power inside the government";
- The name for Korea as a Japanese province (1910-1945)
- Make a selection from a number of alternatives
"Choose a good husband for your daughter";
- take, select, pick out
- Select as an alternative over another
"I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant";
- prefer, opt
- See fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way
"She chose not to attend classes and now she failed the exam"
Anagrams created from the word chosen