Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: clinch klinch
- Secure or fasten by flattening the ends of nails or bolts
"The girder was clinched into the wall"
- Hold a boxing opponent with one or both arms so as to prevent punches
- Hold in a tight grasp
"clinch a steering wheel";
- Embrace amorously
- Flatten the ends (of nails and rivets)
"the nails were clinched"
- Settle conclusively
"clinch a deal"
- (boxing) the act of one boxer holding onto the other to avoid being hit and to rest momentarily
- A small slip noose made with seizing
- The flattened part of a nail, bolt or rivet
- A device (generally used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together
- A tight or amorous embrace
- hug, squeeze
Anagrams created from the word clinch