Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: cooler koo-lu(r)
- A refrigerator for cooling liquids
- ice chest
- An iced drink especially white wine and fruit juice
- A cell for violent prisoners
- An insulated box used for keeping food and drink cold
- coolbox [Brit], cool bag [Brit], icebox, Esky [Austral], chilly bin [NZ]
- Neither warm nor very cold; giving relief from heat
"a cool autumn day"; "a cool room"; "cool summer dresses"; "cool drinks"; "a cool breeze"
- Marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
"play it cool"; "keep cool";
- coolheaded, nerveless
- (colour) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets
"cool greens and blues and violets"
- Psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly, unresponsive or showing dislike
"relations were cool and polite"; "a cool reception"; "cool to the idea of higher taxes"
- (used of a number or sum) without exaggeration or qualification
"a cool million bucks"
- Fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept
"he's a cool dude"; "that's cool"; "Mary's dress is really cool"; "it's not cool to arrive at a party too early"
Anagrams created from the word cooler