Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: cradle krey-d(u)l
- A baby bed with sides and rockers
- Where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
"the cradle of civilization";
- birthplace, place of origin, provenance [Brit, Cdn], provenience [US]
- Birth of a person
"he was taught from the cradle never to cry"
- A trough that can be rocked back and forth; used by gold miners to shake auriferous earth in water in order to separate the gold
- Hold gently and carefully
"He cradles the child in his arms"
- Bring up from infancy
- Hold or place in or as if in a cradle
"He cradled the infant in his arms"
- Cut grain with a cradle scythe
- Wash in a cradle
- (lacrosse) run with the stick
Anagrams created from the word cradle