Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: credit kre-dit
- Acknowledgement, praise or respect for something, e.g. having a quality, producing something, doing something, etc.
"he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying";
- Money available for a client to borrow
- An accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- credit entry
- Used in the phrase 'to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise
"she already had several performances to her credit"
- Arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- deferred payment, tick [Brit]
- Recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- course credit
- A short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
"the student's essay failed to list several important credits";
- citation, cite, acknowledgment, reference, mention, quotation
- An entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
"the credits were given at the end of the film"
- An estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfil their financial commitments
- credit rating
- Give someone credit for something
"We credited her for saving our jobs"
- Ascribe an achievement to
"She was not properly credited in the program";
- Accounting: enter as credit
"We credit your account with $100"
- Have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
Anagrams created from the word credit