Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: damned damd
- Expletive used informally as an intensifier
"I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing";
- blasted, blame [N. Amer], blamed, blessed, damn, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal, dashed [Brit], doggone [N. Amer]
- (Christianity) in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell
"poor damned souls";
- cursed, doomed, unredeemed, unsaved
- People who are condemned to eternal punishment
"he felt he had visited the realm of the damned"
- In a damnable manner
"kindly Arthur--so damned , politely , endlessly persistent!";
- damnably, cursedly
- Wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
"The bad witch damned the child";
- curse, beshrew [archaic], bedamn [archaic], anathemize, anathemise [Brit], imprecate, maledict [archaic], doggone [N. Amer], dang [N. Amer]
- Find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws
- knock, criticize, criticise [Brit], pick apart
- Condemn as being bad, harmful, immoral, etc.
"the report damned the clubs more for their disregard of the existing rules"
Anagrams created from the word damned