Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: decent dee-sunt
- Socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous
"from a decent family";
- According with custom or propriety
"a decent burial";
- becoming, comely, comme il faut, decorous, seemly
- Conforming to conventions of sexual behaviour
"speech in this circle, if not always decent, never became lewd"
- Sufficient for the purpose
"a decent wage";
- adequate, enough, nuff [non-standard]
- Decently clothed
"are you decent?"
- Observing conventional sexual mores in speech, behaviour or dress
"though one of her shoulder straps had slipped down, she was perfectly decent by current standards"
- In the right manner
"can't you carry me decent?";
- properly, decently, in good order, right, the right way
Anagrams created from the word decent