Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: demand di'mãnd
- Request urgently and forcefully
"The victim's family is demanding compensation"; "The boss demanded that he be fired immediately"; "She demanded to see the manager"
- Must happen, have or exist previously or during (in order for stated thing to be happen or be the case)
"This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice";
- necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for
- Claim as due or just
"The bank demanded payment of the loan";
- Lay legal claim to
- Summon to court
- Ask to be informed of
"I demand an explanation"
- An urgent or peremptory request
"his demands for attention were unceasing"
- The ability and desire to purchase goods and services
"the automobile reduced the demand for buggywhips"; "the demand exceeded the supply"
- Required activity
"there were many demands on his time";
- The act of demanding
"the kidnapper's exorbitant demands for money"
- A condition requiring relief
"there is a demand for jobs";
Anagrams created from the word demand