Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: detail di'teyl or 'dee,teyl [N. Amer], 'dee,teyl [Brit]
- An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
"several of the details are similar";
- item, point
- A small part that can be considered separately from the whole
"it was perfect in all details";
- particular, item
- Extended treatment of particulars
"the essay contained too much detail"
- A crew of workers selected for a particular task
"a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
- (military) a temporary military unit
"the peacekeeping force includes one British detail";
- Provide details for
- Assign to a specific task
"The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
Anagrams created from the word detail