Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: digest 'dI,jest
- Convert food into absorbable substances
"I cannot digest milk products"
- Arrange and integrate in the mind
"I cannot digest all this information"
- Put up with something or somebody unpleasant
"The new secretary had to digest a lot of unprofessional remarks";
- endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up
- Become assimilated into the body
"Protein digests in a few hours"
- Systematize, as by classifying and summarizing
"the government digested the entire law into a code"
- Soften or disintegrate, as by undergoing exposure to heat or moisture
- Make more concise
"digest the contents of a book into a summary";
- condense, concentrate, distil [Brit], distill [N. Amer]
- Soften or disintegrate by means of chemical action, heat, or moisture
- A periodical that summarizes the news
- Something that is compiled (as into a single book or file)
Anagrams created from the word digest