Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: dipped dipt
- Having abnormal sagging of the spine (especially in horses)
- lordotic, swayback, swaybacked
- Immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
"dip the brush into the paint";
- dunk, souse, plunge, douse
- (of food) put into a liquid to absorb some of it
"She dipped the piece of bread in the sauce";
- Go down momentarily
- Stain an object by immersing it in a liquid
- Take a small amount from
"I had to dip into my savings to buy him this present"
- Switch (a car's headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
- Lower briefly
"She dipped her knee"
- Appear to move downward
"The sun dipped below the horizon";
- Slope downwards
"Our property dips towards the river"
- Immerse into a liquid
"He dipped into the pool";
- douse, duck
- Place (candle wicks) into hot, liquid wax
- Immerse in a disinfectant solution
"dip the sheep"
- Plunge (one's hand or a receptacle) into a container
"He dipped into his pocket"
- Scoop up by plunging one's hand or a ladle below the surface
"dip water out of a container"
Anagrams created from the word dipped