Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: engine en-jun [N. Amer], en-jin [Brit]
- Motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- Something used to achieve a purpose
"an engine of change"
- A wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
- locomotive, locomotive engine, railway locomotive [Brit, Cdn], loco, railroad locomotive [N. Amer]
- An instrument or machine that is used in warfare, such as a battering ram, catapult, artillery piece, etc.
"medieval engines of war"
Anagrams created from the word engine