Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: figure fi-g(y)u(r)
- A diagram or picture illustrating textual material
"the area covered can be seen from Figure 2";
- An alternative name for the body of a human being
"Leonardo studied the figure";
- human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh
- One of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
"0 and 1 are figures";
- A model of a bodily form (especially of a person)
"he made a figure of Santa Claus"
- A well-known or notable person
"she is an important figure in modern music";
- name, public figure
- A combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape
- An amount of money expressed numerically
"a figure of $17 was suggested"
- The impression produced by a person
"he cut a fine figure"; "a heroic figure"
- The property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals
"the figure was about a thousand";
- Language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- trope, figure of speech, image
- A unitary percept having structure and coherence that is the object of attention and that stands out against a ground
- A decorative or artistic work
"the coach had a figure on the doors";
- design, pattern
- A predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating
"she made the best score on compulsory figures"
- Judge to be probable
- calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, forecast
- Be or play a part of or in
"How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"; "Elections figure prominently in every government program";
- Imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- visualize, visualise [Brit], envision, project, fancy, see, picture, image
- [N. Amer] (mathematics) make a mathematical calculation or computation
- calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon
"He didn't figure her"
Anagrams created from the word figure