Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: filing fI-ling
- The entering of a legal document into the public record
- A fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
- The act of using a file (as in shaping or smoothing an object)
- Preservation and methodical arrangement as of documents and papers etc.
"I have some filing to do"
- (law) record in a public office or in a court of law
"file a complaint"; "file for divorce";
- Smooth with a file
"file one's fingernails"
- Proceed in line
"The students filed into the classroom"
- Place a formal charge against
"The suspect was filed with murdering his wife";
- charge, lodge
- Place in a container for keeping records
"File these bills, please"; "file away these bills, please";
- file away
Anagrams created from the word filing