Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: finger fing-gu(r)
- Any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb)
"her fingers were long and thin"
- The length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
- fingerbreadth, finger's breadth, digit
- One of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb
- Feel or handle with the fingers
"finger the binding of the book";
- Examine by touch
"The customer fingered the sweater";
- Search for on the computer
"I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- Indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
Anagrams created from the word finger