Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: fitted fi-tid
- Being the right size and shape to fit as desired
"a fitted overcoat"; "he quickly assembled the fitted pieces"
- Be agreeable or acceptable to
"This fits my needs";
- suit, accommodate
- Be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
"This piece won't fit into the puzzle";
- Satisfy a condition or restriction
"Does this paper fit the requirements for the degree?";
- meet, conform to
- Change to the appropriate size; tailor
"fit a dress"; "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
- Insert or adjust several objects or people
"Can you fit the toy into the box?"; "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
- Be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
"The suspect's fingerprints don't fit those on the gun";
- match, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, marry up, marry
- Conform to some shape or size
"How does this shirt fit?"
- Provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
"The expedition was fitted with proper clothing, food, and other necessities";
- equip, fit out, outfit
- Make correspond or harmonize
"fit my sweater";
Anagrams created from the word fitted