Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: flying flI-ing
- Moving swiftly
"fast-flying planes"; "played the difficult passage with flying fingers";
- Hurried and brief
"paid a flying visit"; "took a flying glance at the book";
- quick, fast
- An instance of travelling by air
"flying was still an exciting adventure for him";
- Travel through the air; be airborne
"Man cannot fly";
- Move quickly or suddenly
"He flew about the place"
- Operate an aeroplane
"He flew the jet over Cuba";
- aviate, pilot
- Transport by aeroplane
"We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
- Cause to fly or float
"fly a kite"
- Be dispersed or disseminated
"Rumors and accusations are flying"
- Change quickly from one emotional state to another
"fly into a rage"
- Pass away rapidly
"Time flies like an arrow";
- fell, vanish
- (air travel) travel in an aeroplane
"she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"; "Are we driving or flying?"
- Display in the air or cause to float
"fly a kite"; "All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
- Run away quickly
- flee, take flight, cut and run
- Travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft
"Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
- (baseball) hit a fly
- Decrease rapidly and disappear
"the money flew in las Vegas";
- vanish, vaporize, vaporise [Brit]
Anagrams created from the word flying