Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: former for-mu(r)
- Referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several)
"the novel was made into a film in 1943 and again in 1967; I prefer the former version to the latter one"
- Belonging to some prior time
"our former glory";
- erstwhile, old, onetime, one-time, quondam, sometime
- (used especially of persons) of the immediate past
"the former president";
- late, previous
- Belonging to the distant past
- early, other
- The first of two or the first mentioned of two
"Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the former is remembered today"
Anagrams created from the word former