Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: freeze (froze,frozen) freez
- Change to ice
"The water in the bowl froze"
- Stop moving or become immobilized
"When he saw the police car he froze";
- stop dead
- Be cold
"I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
- Cause to change to ice or become very cold
"Freeze the leftover food"
- Stop a process, activity or a habit
"freeze the aid to the war-torn country";
- Be very cold, below the freezing point
"It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
- (physics) change from a liquid to a solid when cold
"Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit";
- freeze out, freeze down
- Prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
"Freeze the assets of this hostile government";
- block, immobilize, immobilise [Brit]
- Anesthetize by cold
- Suddenly behave coldly and formally
"She froze when she saw her ex-husband"
- The withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
- Weather cold enough to cause freezing
- An interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement
"a nuclear freeze";
- Fixing (of prices or wages etc) at a particular level
"a freeze on hiring"
Anagrams created from the word freeze