Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: fringe frinj
- The outside boundary or surface of something
- periphery, outer boundary
- A part of the city far removed from the centre
"they built a factory on the fringes of the city";
- One of the light or dark bands produced by the interference and diffraction of light
- interference fringe
- A social group holding marginal or extreme views
"members of the fringe believe we should be armed with guns at all times"
- A border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
- bang [N. Amer]
- An ornamental border consisting of short lengths of hanging threads or tassels
- (handicraft) adorn with a fringe
"The weaver fringed the scarf"
- Decorate with or as if with a surrounding fringe
"fur fringed the hem of the dress"
Anagrams created from the word fringe