Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: latest ley-tist
- Up to the immediate present; most recent or most up-to-date
"the very latest scientific discoveries";
- In the current fashion or style
- a la mode, in style, in vogue, modish
- The most recent news or development
"have you heard the latest?"
- Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
"late evening"; "late 18th century"; "a late movie"; "took a late flight"; "had a late breakfast"
- After the expected or usual time; delayed
"I'm late for the plane"; "the train is late";
- belated, tardy
- Of the immediate past or just previous to the present time
"a late development"; "their late quarrel";
- Having died recently
"her late husband"
- (linguistics) of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages
- At or toward an end or late period or stage of development
"the late phase of feudalism"; "a later symptom of the disease"; "later medical science could have saved the child";
- (used especially of persons) of the immediate past
"our late President is still very active";
- former, previous
Anagrams created from the word latest