Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: laying ley-ing
- The production of eggs (especially in birds)
- egg laying
- Cause to have a certain (possibly abstract) location
"lay your things here";
- put, set, place, pose, position
- Put in a horizontal position
"lay the patient carefully onto the bed";
- put down, repose
- Prepare or position for action or operation
"lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
- Produce and deposit (an egg or eggs)
"This hen doesn't lay"
- Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment
"lay a responsibility on someone"
- [vulgar] Have sexual intercourse
- sleep together, love, make out, make love, sleep with, have sex, know [archaic], do it, be intimate, have intercourse, lie with [archaic], bed, have a go at it, get it on, make whoopee, nail [N. Amer]
Anagrams created from the word laying