Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: likely (likelier,likeliest) lIk-lee
- Has a good chance of being the case or of coming about
"these services are likely to be available to us all before long"; "she is likely to forget"; "a likely place for a restaurant"; "the broken limb is likely to fall"; "rain is likely"; "a likely topic for investigation"; "likely candidates for the job"
- Having a high chance to be (or become) true or real
"a likely result";
- Expected to become or be; in prospect
- Within the realm of credibility
"not a very likely excuse"
- With considerable certainty; without much doubt
- probably, in all likelihood, in all probability, belike
Anagrams created from the word likely