Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: lining lI-ning
- A protective covering that protects an inside surface
- A piece of cloth that is used as the inside surface of a garment
- Providing something with a surface of a different material
- The act of attaching an inside lining (to a garment or curtain etc.)
- Be in line with; form a line along
"trees line the riverbank";
- run along
- Cover the interior of
"line the gloves"; "line a chimney"
- Make a mark or lines on a surface
"draw a line";
- trace, draw, describe, delineate
- Mark with lines
"sorrow had lined his face"
- Fill plentifully
"line one's pockets"
- Reinforce with fabric
"lined books are more enduring"
Anagrams created from the word lining