Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: little (littler,littlest) li-t(u)l
- Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent
"a little dining room";
- (quantifier used with mass nouns) small in quantity or degree; not much or almost none or (with 'a') at least some
"little rain fell in May"; "gave it little thought"; "little time is left"; "we still have little money"; "a little hope remained";
- (of children and animals) young, immature
"what a big little boy you are";
- (informal) small and of little importance
"a little (or small) matter";
- fiddling, footling, lilliputian, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune [N. Amer], trivial, piddly
- (of a voice) faint
"a little voice";
- Low in stature; not tall
"a little man";
- minuscule, small
- Small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context)
"a nice little job"; "bless your little heart"; "my dear little mother"; "a sweet little deal"; "I'm tired of your petty little schemes"; "filthy little tricks"; "what a nasty little situation"
- Not much
"he talked little about his family"
- A small amount or duration
"he accepted the little they gave him"
Anagrams created from the word little