Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: living li-ving
- The experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities
"he could no longer cope with the complexities of living";
- People who are still living
"save your pity for the living"
- The condition of living or the state of being alive
"while there's living there's hope";
- animation, life, aliveness
- The financial means whereby one lives
- support, keep, livelihood, bread and butter, sustenance
- Pertaining to living persons
"within living memory"
- True to life; lifelike
"the living image of her mother"
- (informal) absolute
"she is a living doll"; "scared the living daylights out of them"; "beat the living hell out of him"
- Still in existence
"the Wollemi pine found in Australia is a surviving specimen of a conifer thought to have been long extinct and therefore known as a living fossil";
- Still in active use
"a living language"
- (used of minerals or stone) in its natural state and place; not mined or quarried
"carved into the living stone"
- Be an inhabitant of; spend most of one's life in
"People lived in Africa millions of years ago";
- populate, dwell, inhabit
- Lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style
"we had to live frugally after the war"
- Continue to live through hardship or adversity
"The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "These superstitions live on in the backwaters of America";
- survive, last, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out
- Support oneself
"Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?";
- exist, survive, subsist
- Have life, be alive
"My grandfather lived until the end of war";
- Have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
"I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces";
- know, experience
- Pursue a positive and satisfying existence
"You must accept yourself and others if you really want to live"
Anagrams created from the word living