Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: losses ló-siz
- Something lost (especially money lost at gambling)
"he limited his losses by diversification of his product line";
- Something that is lost
"the car was a total loss"; "loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt"
- Gradual decline in amount or activity
"weight loss"; "a serious loss of business"
- The act of losing someone or something
"everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
- The disadvantage that results from losing something
"his loss of credibility led to his resignation";
- The experience of losing a loved one
"he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
- The amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
"the company operated at a loss last year";
- red ink, red
- (military) military personnel lost by death or capture
- personnel casualty
- A euphemistic expression for death
"thousands mourned his loss";
- passing, departure, exit, expiration, going, release
Anagrams created from the word losses