Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: majors mey-ju(r)z
- (baseball) the most important league in any sport (especially baseball)
- major league, big league
- (military) a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
- [N. Amer, Austral, NZ] A university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject
"she is a linguistics major"
- [N. Amer, Austral, NZ] The principal field of study of a student at a university
"her major is linguistics"
Usage: N. Amer, Austral, NZ
- Have as one's principal field of study
"She is majoring in linguistics"
Anagrams created from the word majors