Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: matter ma-tu(r)
- A vaguely specified concern
"several matters to attend to";
- affair, thing
- Some situation or event that is thought about
"it is a matter for the police";
- topic, subject, issue
- That which has mass and occupies space
"physicists study both the nature of matter and the forces which govern it"
- A problem
"is anything the matter?"
- (used with negation) having consequence
"they were friends and it was no matter who won the games"
- Written works (especially in books or magazines)
"he always took some reading matter with him on the plane"
- Have weight; have import, carry weight
"It does not matter much";
- count, weigh
Anagrams created from the word matter