Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: mature (maturer,maturest) mu'chûr or mu'tûr [N. Amer], mu'tyûr [Brit]
- Characteristic of maturity
"mature for her age"
- Fully considered and perfected
- Having reached full natural growth or development
"a mature cell"
- Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used
"full-bodied mature wines";
- (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
- Develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation
"He matured fast";
- maturate, grow
- Develop and work out fully in one's mind
"I need to mature my thoughts"
- Become due for repayment
"These bonds mature in 2005"
- Cause to ripen or develop fully
"Age matures a good wine";
- ripen, age
- Grow old or older
"Young men mature";
- senesce, age, get on, maturate
- Cause to ripen and discharge pus
"The oil matures the pustules";
Anagrams created from the word mature