Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: medium (media,mediums) mee-dee-um
- A means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- The surrounding environment
"fish require an aqueous medium"
- An intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
- (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
- culture medium
- A liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
- (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
- An intervening substance through which something is achieved
"the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- A state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position
"a happy medium"
- Someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead
- spiritualist, sensitive
- (usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
- mass medium
- An occupation for which you are especially well suited
"in law he found his true medium";
- Around the middle of a scale of evaluation
- average, intermediate
- (meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
Anagrams created from the word medium