Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: middle mi-dul
- An area that is approximately central within some larger region
"it is in the middle of town";
- center [US], centre [Brit, Cdn], heart, eye
- An intermediate part or section
"a whole is that which has a beginning, middle, and end"
- The middle area of the human torso (usually in front)
"young American women believe that a bare middle is fashionable";
- midriff, midsection
- Time between the beginning and the end of a temporal period
"the middle of the war"; "rain during the middle of April"
- Being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series
"the middle point on a line";
- in-between, mediate
- Equally distant from the extremes
- center [US], halfway, midway, centre [Brit, Cdn]
- (linguistics) of a stage in the development of a language or literature between earlier and later stages
"Middle English is the English language from about 1100 to 1500"; "Middle Gaelic"
- Between an earlier and a later period of time
"in the middle years"; "in his middle thirties"
- Put in the middle
Anagrams created from the word middle