Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: notice now-tis
- Determine the existence, presence, or fact of
"She noticed high levels of lead in her drinking water";
- detect, observe, find, discover
- Detect and remember; perceive with the mind
"notice my words";
- mark, note
- Make or write a comment on
"he noticed the paper of his colleague";
- comment, remark, point out
- Express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with
"He never notices his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway";
- An announcement containing information about an event
"you didn't give me enough notice"; "an obituary notice"; "a notice of sale"
- The act of noticing or paying attention
"he escaped the notice of the police";
- observation, observance
- A request for payment
"the notice stated the grace period and the penalties for defaulting";
- Advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement of contract
"we received a notice to vacate the premises"; "he gave notice two months before he moved"
- A sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
"a notice advertised the coming attractions";
- poster, posting, placard, bill, card
- Polite or favourable attention
"his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
- A short critical review
"the play received good notices"
Anagrams created from the word notice