Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: object 'ób-jikt or 'ób,jekt
- A tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow
"it was full of rackets, balls and other objects";
- physical object, article
- The goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
"the sole object of her trip was to see her children";
- aim, objective, target
- (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon
"the object of the verb"
- The focus of cognitions or feelings
"objects of thought"; "the object of my affection"
- (computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer
"in object-oriented programming, objects include data and define its status, its methods of operation and how it interacts with other objects"
- Express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent
"She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"; "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver's licence"
- Be averse to or express disapproval of
"My wife objects to modern furniture"
Anagrams created from the word object