Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: opener ow-pu-nu(r)
- The first event in a series
"she played Chopin for her opener"; "the season's opener was a game against the Yankees"
- A person who unfastens, unwraps or opens
- undoer, unfastener, untier
- A hand tool used for opening sealed containers (bottles or cans)
- Affording unobstructed entrance and exit; not shut or closed
"they left the door open"; "an open door";
- Affording free passage or access
"open drains"; "the road is open to traffic"; "open ranks"
- With no protection or shield
"open to the weather"; "an open wound";
- Available to or viewable by the public
"an open protest"; "an open letter to the editor"
- Used of mouth or eyes
"keep your eyes open";
- Not having been filled
"the job is still open"
- Accessible to all
"open season"; "an open economy"
- Not defended or capable of being defended
"an open city"; "open to attack";
- assailable, undefendable, undefended
- (of textures) full of small openings or gaps
"an open texture";
- Having no protecting cover or enclosure
"an open boat"; "an open fire"; "open sports cars"
- (set theory) of an interval that contains neither of its endpoints
- Not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought
"an open question";
- undecided, undetermined, unresolved
- Not sealed or having been unsealed
"the letter was already open";
- Without undue constriction as from e.g. tenseness or inhibition
"the clarity and resonance of an open tone"; "her natural and open response"
- Ready or willing to receive favourably
"open to the proposals";
- Observable; not secret or hidden
- Not requiring union membership
"an open shop employs nonunion workers"
- Possibly accepting or permitting
"open to interpretation"; "an issue open to question";
- capable, subject
- Affording free passage or view
"open waters"; "the open countryside";
- Openly straightforward and direct without reserve or secretiveness
"an open and trusting nature";
- candid, heart-to-heart
- Ready for business
"the stores are open"
Anagrams created from the word opener