Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: orient o-ree-unt
- Be oriented in a particular direction
"The weather vane orients North";
- Determine one's position with reference to another point
"We had to orient ourselves in the forest";
- Cause to point
"Orient the house towards the West"
- Familiarize (someone) with new surroundings or circumstances
"The dean of students tries to orient the freshmen"
- Adjust to a specific need or market
"a magazine oriented towards young people";
- The hemisphere that includes Eurasia and Africa and Australia
- eastern hemisphere
- The countries of Asia
Anagrams created from the word orient