Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: patent pa-t(u)nt [N. Amer], pey-t(u)nt or pa-t(u)nt [Brit]
- A document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
- patent of invention
- (law) an official document granting a right or privilege
- letters patent
- Obtain a patent for
"Should I patent this invention?"
- Grant rights to; grant a patent for
- Make open to sight or notice
"His behaviour has patented an embarrassing fact about him"
- (of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage
"patent ductus arteriosus"
- Clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- apparent, evident, manifest, plain, unmistakable, unmistakeable
Anagrams created from the word patent