Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: paying pey-ing
- Yielding a fair profit
"This country has been recently concerned with the increase in paying employment among women";
- gainful, paid
- For which money is paid
"a paying job";
- compensable, remunerative, salaried, stipendiary
- Give money, usually in exchange for goods or services
"I paid four dollars for this sandwich"; "Pay the waitress, please"
- Convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow
"Don't pay him any mind"; "pay attention";
- Cancel or discharge a debt
"pay up, please!";
- pay up, ante up
- (investment) bring in
"How much does this savings certificate pay annually?";
- yield, bear
- Do or give something to somebody in return
"Does she pay you for the work you are doing?";
- pay off, make up, compensate
"pay attention to";
- give, devote
- Be worth it
"It pays to go through the trouble"
"pay a visit"; "pay a call"
- Bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action
"You'll pay for this!"; "She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly"; "You'll pay for this opinion later"
- Make a compensation for
"a favour that cannot be paid back"
- Discharge or settle
"pay a debt"; "pay an obligation"
Anagrams created from the word paying