Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: people pee-pul
- (plural) any group of human beings (men, women or children) collectively
"old people"; "there were at least 200 people in the audience"
- The body of citizens of a state or country
"the Spanish people";
- Members of a family line
"his people have been farmers for generations"; "are your people still alive?"
- The common people generally
"power to the people";
- multitude, masses, mass, hoi polloi, the great unwashed
- Fill with people
"Stalin wanted to people the empty steppes"
- Furnish with people
- A human being
"there was too much for one person to do";
- individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- A human body (usually including the clothing)
"a weapon was hidden on his person"
- A grammatical category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms according to whether they indicate the speaker, the addressee, or a third party
"stop talking about yourself in the third person"
Anagrams created from the word people