Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: pepper pe-pu(r)
- Pungent seasoning from the berry of the common pepper plant of East India; used whole or ground
- Climbing plant having dark red berries (peppercorns) when fully ripe; from southern India and Sri Lanka, also naturalized in northern Burma and Assam
- common pepper, black pepper, white pepper, Madagascar pepper, Piper nigrum
- Any of various tropical plants of the genus Capsicum bearing peppers
- capsicum, capsicum pepper plant
- Sweet and hot varieties of fruits of plants of the genus Capsicum
- (cooking) add pepper to
"pepper the soup"
- Attack and bombard with or as if with missiles
"pepper the speaker with questions";
- Sprinkle, cover or be covered with lots of small similar things
"After the hailstorm, the beach was peppered with holes"
- Add (something) at frequent intervals
"He liked to pepper his conversation with long words"
Anagrams created from the word pepper